The 2019 JOHN ROSE OPEN & USS LT Am Cup 2
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday, December 6-8, 2019
- The Guidant John Rose Oval, 2661 Civic Center Dr, Roseville, MN 55113
We have an exciting weekend of pack and metric racing! The John Rose Open AND the USS LT AmCup 2.
Pack Racing: Pack racing for all age divisions – Tiny Tots through Masters. Awards for the overall winner in age division and male/female.
Metric Racing: For those who may not have qualified for the Am Cup, the John Rose event includes a metric skating opportunity for skaters Junior C skaters and up (JRO Metric). Races will run alongside the Am Cup, but are not part of the Am Cup competition.
Qualifying times for the JRO Metric: 500m — Women :54 and Men :50. Time should have been achieved in 2018 or 2019.
NOTE: if you have the Am Cup qualifying time, you should register for the USS Am Cup 1. Skater entries for the John Rose Metric will be reviewed closely and depending on your time, you may be asked to register for the Am Cup instead. For more info on the Am Cup, visit usspeedskating.org/events.
Space is limited for the JRO Metric field, so register early. If registration for JRO Metric is full, you will be notified and you will still have the option to race pack style.
- Am Cup and JRO Metric skaters are racing Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Junior D and up JRO Pack skates may be invited to race the 500m races on Friday.
- All JRO pack style divisions will race on Saturday and Sunday (except Tiny Tots – they race Saturday only).
For more info on the Am Cup, visit usspeedskating.org/events
SIGN UP for the JRO at: https://mnspeedskating.wufoo.com/forms/2019-john-rose-open/
Thursday, Dec. 5:
- Practice Ice 7:15 pm – 8:30 pm ($12 at the door)
Friday, Dec. 6:
- Practice Ice 9:30 am – 10:30 pm ($12 at the door)
- Team Leader/Coaches Meeting/Draw at noon in the Fireside Room
- Warm-up begins at 2:00 pm. Racing until 9:00 pm (Am Cup and JRO Metric Only – 500m & 3K)
Saturday, Dec. 7:
- Warm-up begins at 8:30 am for JRO Pack, racing concludes around 11:30 am
- Warm-up begins at 11:20 am for Am Cup/JRO Metric, racing concludes around 3:00 pm (1500m & mass start)
Sunday, Dec. 8:
- Warm-up begins at 8:00 am for Am Cup/JRO Metric, racing concludes around 11:30 am (1000m & team pursuit)
- Warm-up begins at 11:20 for JRO Pack, racing concludes around 2:00 pm with Awards Ceremony to follow